Saturday, May 29, 2010

So it Begins

I've decided to take on a summer project of sorts. I did have plans at one point to make a spare helmet into a Gundam helmet, which would still be cool, but then I discovered the 405th.com. There I found detailed plans for Halo Spartan helmets and armor made out of paper. They use the paper as a base and then resin/glass/make a mold from it to make a rigid/semi-rigid helmet. I am a decent paper crafter so I decided to jump in head first and try and form the most detailed helmet plans around one of my spare helmets.

The progress so far:



At this point I have the Top Left Brim done as well as the right cheek. At this point I can tell that the plans I have printed are to small for the application I intended them for. They said on the site that they are scaled to John117 proportions... but if that's the case 117 has a small head! So I'll have to figure out just hoe much bigger I'll need to make it in order to fit it over a full size moto helmet. I'll still finish this one out just for the practice so look for updates in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment