Friday, July 24, 2009

Gundam Astraea

I had some free time on my hands a few days ago. I settled upon drawing as a way to pass the time. I don't draw often enough, though I try to draw something every day. Today it was Gundam Astraea from the Graphic Novel series Gundam OOP (double O P). It's one of my favorites, and I had recently finished assembling the 1:100 model. It seemed as good of a thing as any.
After a few prelim drawings trying to get the perspective/ scale right; this came out:

I kinda liked how it came out. Not 100% accurate, but good enough. I then decided to try out an old technique for coloring/shading. I placed a clear plastic sheet over it and began tracing with a fine Sharpie pen.



So not quite as good as I would have hoped. It was my first attempt, and admittedly rushed. You can kinda tell where I started and where I ended in the drawing as it goes from bad to good. I plan on drawing more to re-hone my skills. It's always good to keep your tools sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment